Skip to content

Have you moved to Finland to be reunited with a family member? Are you looking for a place to study? Work? An apartment? Hobby? Do you need help with understanding official papers from the authorities? Do you need help with applying for a permanent or extended residence permit? Do you need information and guidance on starting up your own company in Finland?

We will help you. We offer a guidance and counselling service to all immigrants who request it. Our service is free of charge. You can do business with us by making an appointment in advance either by calling or by email.

On Tuesdays and Thursdays, you can meet us face-to-face (drop-in). You can also book a personal meeting either by calling or e-mailing us. In addition to this, we offer remote counselling.

We will direct you to the right service provider who will help you solve your everyday life’s issues. We can also assist with filling out different forms and applications, write reports to the authorities such as the Finnish Immigration Service, the Social Insurance Institution “Kela” or to the Employment office “Kuntakokeilu”.

For whom: Immigrants living in Itä Uusimaa region

Languages: Finnish, Swedish, English, Russian, Ukrainian, French and Arabic

Price: Free of charge


Facebook: Immigrantinfo Porvoo

Our schedule is the following:


You can also ask us about counselling at other times!

Visiting addresses:

Guidance Center for youth “Ohjaamo”: Mannerheiminkatu 20 E, 06100 Porvoo

Local government pilot on employment “Kuntakokeilu”: Linnankoskenkatu 32 (3rd floor), 06100 Porvoo

Partnership House “Kulma”: Sibeliuksenkatu 3, 07900 Loviisa

Have you just arrived in Finland? Here is a checklist for you:

  • Book an appointment and visit the Digital and Population data services agency (Registry Office) to register yourself / a family member. Get a personal ID for each family member.
  • Buy a local cell phone card. The fastest and easiest way is a prepaid- subscription. it can be purchased for example from your local R-kioski. Most common phone operators in Finland: Telia, Saunalahti, DNA, Elisa.
  • Open a local bank account. The most common banks: Osuuspankki, Nordea, Danske Bank, Aktia, S-pankki, Säästöpankki, Handelsbanken, Ålandsbanken.
  • If you are searching for a job, register as an unemployed jobseeker. Visit the TE-office or register via the E-services online.


  • Go to Social Insurance Institution (Kela) and order a personal health insurance card (Kela-card), if you are entitled to the social insurance in Finland.
  • Order a tax card for a job.
  • Sign up children in pre-school / school or apply for a place for the children in a kindergarten.


You can also

  • Apply for an identity card
  • Exchange a foreign driving license for a Finnish license
  • Join a Finnish language course
  • Apply for a place to study at

         Look for a job

  • Look for an apartment
  • Find activities for children
  • Find activities for immigrants