Immigrant Info Porvoo
We offer free of charge consultations to all immigrants living in Itä-Uusimaa region. Consulting languages: Finnish, Swedish, English, Russian, French and Arabic. Our service is free of charge.
Tuesdays 9–12 and 13–16
Thursdays 9–12 and 13–16
Other times by appointment only.
Monday – Friday 9-12
Tuesday 9–12 and Thursday 13–16
Consultation and language café in Loviisa
4.9, 2.10, 6.11 and 4.12 at 11–13
Have you just arrived in Finland? Here is a checklist for you:
- Book an appointment and visit the Digital and Population data services agency (Registry Office) to register yourself / a family member. Get a personal ID for each family member.
- Buy a local cell phone card. The fastest and easiest way is a prepaid- subscription. it can be purchased for example from your local R-kioski. Most common phone operators in Finland: Telia, Saunalahti, DNA, Elisa.
- Open a local bank account. The most common banks: Osuuspankki, Nordea, Danske Bank, Aktia, S-pankki, Säästöpankki, Handelsbanken, Ålandsbanken.
- If you are searching for a job, register as an unemployed jobseeker. Visit the TE-office or register via the E-services online.
- Go to Social Insurance Institution (Kela) and order a personal health insurance card (Kela-card), if you are entitled to the social insurance in Finland.
- Order a tax card for a job.
- Sign up children in pre-school / school or apply for a place for the children in a kindergarten.
You can also
- Apply for an identity card
- Exchange a foreign driving license for a Finnish license
- Join a Finnish language course
- Apply for a place to study at
Look for a job
- Look for an apartment
- Find activities for children
- Find activities for immigrants