Free-of-charge parking spaces with time limits
- When parking is subject to a time limit, the start time of parking must be indicated in a sufficiently clear manner.
- The indicated start time of parking must be the time at which the vehicle was parked.
Parking spaces subject to a fee
Parking is subject to a fee on most streets in the city centre area. The times during which parking is subject to a fee are:
- Mon–Fri from 8 am to 6 pm
- Sat from 8 am to 3 pm.
The parking fee is €2/h (inc. VAT).
The City of Porvoo has ten pay and display machines that accept card and contactless payments:
- Market Square car park
- Jokikatu, next to the Mannerheiminkatu bridge
- Rihkamakatu 10
- Kaivokatu 28
- Mannerheiminkatu 21 (office building)
- Rauhankatu 18 car park
- Rauhankatu 29
- Runeberginkatu 28
- Lundinkatu 6–8.
In addition to these, there are also several coin-operated parking metres still in use that do not accept card payments.
Please make sure that the pay and display ticket is displayed on the inside of the windscreen so that it can be read from outside the vehicle.
Paying for parking by mobile phone
There are four services operating in Porvoo that allow you to pay for parking on your mobile phone. Please register for these services in advance if you wish to pay for parking on your mobile phone.
Instructions on how to register are available on the service providers’ websites.