Local government pilot on employment
The local government pilots on employment started on 1 March 2021 and will end on 30 June 2023. Porvoo is one of the municipalities participating in the pilot. The aim is to increase employment among unemployed jobseekers and direct them to training and education more effectively. Another objective is to create new solutions to ensure the availability of skilled labour. The pilots make it possible to more effectively coordinate employment, social and health services for the benefit of customers.
New job search model
The job search will change in May 2022 when the Nordic labour market service model enters into force. The new service model applies to all jobseekers. Clients of the local government pilot on employment in Porvoo, will gradually move to the new model. This page contains information on what the new job search model means and what jobseekers should do.
Instructions for job seekers
Clients of the local government pilot on employment in Porvoo, will gradually move to the new model.
If you have registered as a jobseeker before 2 May 2022, the change does not require any action from you for the time being
- The new job search model will only apply to you after we update your plan the next time.
- Your personal coach will contact you within a few months to discuss what the new job search model means in your case.
- Until that, you can follow your current plan and continue your job search as before.
Those registering as unemployed on 2 May 2022 or later must search for a job according to the new model
The new job search model will apply to you immediately.
We will call you within five days of you registering as unemployed.
We will discuss with you what the new job search model means in your case.
The new job search model in a nutshell
The Nordic labour market service model will enter into force in Finland on 2 May 2022. The model is also referred to as the new job search model or new customer service model.
- Jobseekers seek employment independently.
- Jobseekers receive more support at the beginning of unemployment in particular.
- Meetings with the personal coach will be regular and more frequent.
- Jobseekers must apply for a certain number of job opportunities (0–4) per month to maintain the right to unemployment benefits. The number depends on the jobseeker’s situation and work capacity, and it is always agreed on separately with the personal coach.
- Sanctions are relaxed.
- In the first case of forgetfulness or neglect, jobseekers receive a reminder that will not affect the unemployment benefit.
- Personal trainers will contact jobseekers when it is time to move to the new model. The change does not require any action from the jobseeker before then.
Do you want to know more?
The Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment has compiled on its website frequently asked questions and answers on the Nordic labour market service model(extrernal link).
What does “job search obligation” mean?
In the new job search model, the jobseeker has a job search obligation. It means that jobseekers must apply for a certain number of job opportunities every month to maintain the right to unemployment benefits. Job search obligation is always agreed on with the personal coach.
- As a rule, jobseekers are expected to apply for four jobs each month.
- In some situations, the requirement may be lower or not applied at all. Thus, job search obligation depends on the jobseeker’s situation and work capacity.
- Jobseekers can decide for themselves which jobs they apply for.
- Job search obligation is recorded in the plan. The plan is reviewed every three months.
- When jobseekers apply for the agreed number of job opportunities per month and comply with the plan, they are entitled to unemployment benefits.
How do the sanctions change?
In the new job search model, sanctions are less harsh. Reminders are introduced as a new feature.
- If you neglect your job search or do not follow the plan, you will receive a reminder.
- A reminder does not affect the unemployment benefit.
- Its purpose is to remind jobseekers of their responsibilities and the need to comply with them.
- If you neglect your job search after a reminder, you may be sanctioned. Sanctions refer to periods during which the jobseeker is not entitled to unemployment benefits.
- The length of sanctions varies from 5 to 10 days.
- If you repeatedly fail to apply for a job, you may lose your right to unemployment benefit until further notice.
- If you refuse a job, you may be sanctioned for a period of 45 days.
Työmarkkinatori service to replace the te-palvelut.fi website
May 2022 will also bring changes to the job search service channels. Työmarkkinatori service(extrernal link) will replace the national te-palvelut.fi website. At Työmarkkinatori, you can
- search for suitable jobs
- create a profile to receive offers for suitable job opportunities.
The Oma asiointi(extrernal link) e-services will remain unchanged.
About the local government pilot on employment
Click on the headers to read more
What is the local government pilot on employment?
The local government pilot on employment, also called the municipal employment trial, is a national project in which some of the tasks of the TE Office are transferred to the municipality. The pilot is ongoing in 125 municipalities. In the County of Uusimaa, the municipalities participating in the pilot include Helsinki, Espoo, Vantaa, Kerava, Porvoo, Raasepori and Hanko. The pilot started on 1 March 2021 and will end on 30 June 2023.
During the pilot project, jobseekers continue to register to the TE Office as usual. TE Office assigns those belonging to the target group of the pilot to the right municipal service. The assigned customers receive their TE services from the municipality during the entire pilot project. You become a client of the Employment Services of the City of Porvoo if
- you are under 30 years old
- you are not entitled to earnings-related unemployment allowance, and you receive basic unemployment allowance or labour market support from Kela
- your native language is something other than Finnish or Swedish, or you do not have Finnish citizenship.
Why was the the local government pilot introduced?
In accordance with the Government Programme of Finland, the role of municipalities as organisers of employment services is to be strengthened. The purpose of the pilot is to improve the access to the labour market for those who have been unemployed for a long period and for those who are disadvantaged in terms of employment. In addition, the pilot aims to develop services to support the jobseeker’s employment and service models that take the client’s situation and service needs into account on an individual basis. The Parliament has approved the Act on the local government pilot on employment, which entered into force on 1 March 2021.
What does this mean in practice?
On 1 March 2021, some jobseekers living in Porvoo became clients of the Employment Services of the City of Porvoo while some remained clients of the TE Office. A jobseeker who becomes a client of the Employment Services of the City of Porvoo receives both TE services and the services of the City of Porvoo in “one-stop shop”.
How does this apply to me?
You become a client of the Employment Services of the City of Porvoo if your municipality of residence is Porvoo and you have registered as a jobseeker and are unemployed, laid off, employed with pay subsidy or in an employment promotion service and you belong to one of the following groups: you receive labour market subsidy or basic unemployment allowance from Kela or your native language is not Finnish, Swedish or Sami or you are not a Finnish citizen or you are under 30 years of age.
Is there something I need to do?
You are automatically assigned to the Employment Services of the City of Porvoo. You do not need to contact the City of Porvoo or the TE Office due to this matter. If your client relationship remains in the TE Office, you do not receive any notification and there are no changes to your use of services.
Who should I be dealing with?
If you are a client of the Employment Services of the City of Porvoo, your affairs are handled by a personal coach from the City. Your personal coach helps you seek jobs and deal with the authorities. You can ask your coach for advice and set up meetings. During the COVID-19 pandemic, online communication is preferred. You can send your coach a contact request via the E-services. Your coach will contact you by email or telephone. You can send email to your coach. If you do not have the email address, please send your message to firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I use the services?
Call telephone counselling if you have any questions. You can use the national telephone service of the TE Office for counselling. Personal clients’ telephone service Mon–Fri 9:00–16:15 suomeksi 0295 025 500, på svenska 0295 025 510, in English 0295 020 713, на русском языке 0295 020 715.
Unemployment security counselling Mon–Fri 9:00–16:15 0295 020 701
Training counselling Mon–Fri 9:00–16:15 0295 020 702
Career guidance Mon–Thu 12:00–16:00, career counselling psychologist, 0295 020 720
The Employment Services of the City of Porvoo 040 525 8035
Are there any changes in the services I receive?
You receive a personal coach from the Employment Services of the City of Porvoo, who helps you seek jobs. Through your coach, you receive the services of the TE Office as well as municipal services according to your needs. Some services are the same as before and some are new.The services provided by the municipality are available to customers participating in the local government pilot and can still be applied for directly. The services provided by the municipality are also available to customers of the TE Office who are not participating in the local government pilot.
How do I register as a jobseeker from now on?
Please always register to the TE Office. You can do that online via the E-services. If you do not have online banking codes, a mobile certificate or a smart ID card, you can still register online using a registration form. You can also visit the Employment Services of the City of Porvoo in the address Mannerheiminkatu 20 D, 06100 Porvoo.
There are tasks in my employment plan. Do I have to complete them?
If your plan includes tasks, please complete your tasks and mark the tasks as completed by the due date in the E-services. If you want to change the plan, please send a message to your personal coach.
Does the local government pilot on employment affect my unemployment security?
It does not affect the unemployment security already granted. You apply for unemployment benefits from Kela or the unemployment fund as before.
What if I move to another municipality?
Your client relationship will be transferred to your new municipality of residence if they participate in the local government pilot on employment. If not, you will become a client of the TE Office. You will be notified where your client relationship is transferred to. All the municipalities participating in the local government pilots on employment are listed on the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment’s website.
What if I find a job but become unemployed again later?
Your client relationship in the Employment Services of the City of Porvoo will remain there all through the local government pilot, until 30 June 2023.
Which tasks does the TE Office perform?
The TE Office provides the following for all jobseekers: registration of unemployed jobseekers, resolution of unemployment security claims, and interviews and selection to labour market training. In addition, the TE Office is responsible for its own clients’ TE services.
Where can I find more information?
The website of the City of Porvoo (select English language): www.porvoo.fi/tyollisyys
The website of the TE Services: te-palvelut.fi > How to use the services > Local government pilots on employment
The website of the Association of Finnish Local and Regional Authorities provides information on local government pilot on employment in other municipalities (in Finnish): www.kuntaliitto.fi/tyollisyyskokeilut