What To Do If You Become Unemployed
Register as an unemployed jobseeker on the first day of unemployment, at the latest.
Register as an unemployed jobseeker on the first day of unemployment, at the latest. You can register online via the e-services or using a paper form. After this, you will be directed to use the services of either the TE Office or the local government pilot in Porvoo. They both provide the same employment and economic development services.
If your contact information changes or you start a job or studies, for example, please always enter this new information in the e-services of the TE Services. You can also leave a contact request with your personal career coach.
Are you applying for unemployment allowances?
- When registering as an unemployed jobseeker, please state if you plan to apply for unemployment allowances.
- The employment authority will verify your right to receive unemployment allowances and send the statement to either Kela or your unemployment fund, depending on whether you are a customer of an unemployment fund.
- Kela or your unemployment fund will check the other terms and conditions of unemployment allowances, such as the personal liability period.
- Kela or your unemployment fund will issue a decision on unemployment allowances. If you are dissatisfied with the decision, you can appeal it and provide additional clarifications.
- Fill in the unemployment status report, i.e. report the days on which you have been unemployed. Submit the report to either Kela or your unemployment fund, depending on whether you are a customer of an unemployment fund.
- Kela or your unemployment fund will pay unemployment allowances to you.
You may also be interested in